incubator-couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christopher Bonhage (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Created] (COUCHDB-1639) doc_to_multi_part_stream does not include headers for attachments
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:34:14 GMT
Christopher Bonhage created COUCHDB-1639:

             Summary: doc_to_multi_part_stream does not include headers for attachments
                 Key: COUCHDB-1639
             Project: CouchDB
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Database Core, Replication
            Reporter: Christopher Bonhage

I started a push replication job that contained a document with image attachments and noticed
that the replication job was taking far too long, so I dug into the logs and found the culprit:

[Tue, 08 Jan 2013 05:28:45 GMT] [error] [emulator] Error in process <0.22592.0> with
exit value: {{badmatch,{[137,80,78,71],[]}},[{couch_httpd,split_header,1},{couch_httpd,'-parse_part_header/1-fun-1-',2},{lists,foldl,3},{couch_httpd,parse_part_header,1},{couch_httpd,parse_multipart_request,3},{couch_doc,'-doc_from_multi_part_stream/2-fun-1-'...

I was able to deduce that the {[137,80,78,71],[]} that split_header was encountering while
trying to parse_part_header was actually the (partial) body of the attachment! After adding
some logging to confirm my suspicions I discovered that CouchDB does not appear to be sending
MIME multipart/related headers for attachments (only the application/json for the doc itself)
when converting a document to a multipart stream, which is causing the problem.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message