From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] CouchDB 1.3 release
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:15:14 GMT
Hi Noah,

On FreeBSD 9.0 `gmake distcheck`* fails with:

    ./test/javascript/run
    make: don't know how to make w. Stop
    gmake[1]: *** [check-js] Error 2
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/jan/src/couchdb/apache-couchdb-1.3.0a-4e1bf75-git/_build'
    gmake: *** [distcheck] Error 1

I can verify that manual execution of `gmake check` works just fine. My guess would point
at an invocation of make as `make` instead of $(MAKE) somewhere in the distcheck bowels. A
cursory look didn’t reveal anything obvious, so I hoped you can shed a light on this.

Thanks!
Jan
--
* (FreeBSD users know to use `gmake` for `make`, as `make often fails, including in our case)