From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Plugins First Draft
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:17:05 GMT
there are also other plugins around :

https://github.com/benoitc/couch_randomdoc

https://github.com/benoitc/couch_zmq wich is using erlzmq

https://github.com/benoitc/couch_es

https://github.com/refuge/bigcouch_spatial

https://github.com/refuge/couch_dbupdates

https://github.com/ocastalabs/CouchDB-XO_Auth

So on erlang the situation is quite complex. As a free reminder when we
spoke about rabbitmq plugins in january, nobody wanted that which let me
perplex. Like I said do we we want a plugin system or just a way to load
app?

About couchdb-lucene for example it could be rewritten to use more of the
internals of couchdb. And probably using jinterface instead of living
externally so it could be better integrated.  (This is just an example of
what could be done) . couch_es could be fully written in elixir or js and
distributed as an internal couchapp. Same for random doc etc .

Imo when we speak about plugins we should have in mind the of their
deployement. This is one thing to install a plugin on a machine , another
to make sure that this plugin is installed on others machines. And when I
say other machines I'm not only speaking about machines in your lan (some
of us have tools and people for that) but machines of remote possibly
stranger people replicating your data . ANd this part is definitely not
possible easily with something like rabbitmq plugins.

- benoƮt