From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:40:29 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

> HI
>

> On Thursday, 1 November 2012 at 18:32, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
> > Just to clarify. for what does grunt actually it would be pretty easy to
> > handle the same in any language.
>
> Indeed, but those tools don't exist _today_. We could write them and then
> work on futon or we could just work on futon. I prefer the latter.

Do you need today to minify or concatenate files ? :) What will be the
other use of grunt? Also not saying that gruntjs at the end wouldn't be the
only solution to use. But I think it's really important to make sure it
won't increase too much the toolchain when it will be time to release it.

> > My main concern today is the status of
> > nodejs in distrributions. For example latest ubuntu has the 0.6.19 where
> > the last versio is 0.8.14. Which can be problematic when we include it in
> > our toolchain.
>
> I'm using node 0.8.1 with grunt quite happily.

well I meant what is available with ubuntu. I will check but I had to
install it by hand last time (or some can use a ppa I guess).

- benoit