From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Git at Apache and ApacheCon Sprints
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:00:17 GMT
Hey, devs.

After I brought up ApacheCon North America during this week's IRC meeting,
Jan asked if I would take point on delivering a proposal for a session or a
sprint (or both).

I fired off an e-mail to Paul about the status of git at Apache. As far as
we know, no one has spoken about the current state of affairs at any Apache
event. I had thought it might make a good talk if Paul or myself
communicated our experiences using it. Paul suggested an infra sprint to
take care of the rough edges we experience might be better. I like this
idea a lot.

I just added a section to our Git at Apache wiki page [0] to list
unresolved issues and kicked things off by trying to summarize the problems
with managing github pull requests.

Please help by assembling any notes you have here! Thanks!

[0] https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide