From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Plugins First Draft
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:56:17 GMT

On Oct 31, 2012, at 23:28 , Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jan.
>
> More detailed and explained question from IRC meeting.

Thanks!

> Why there is need to reinvent own package manager when most modern
> systems (even Windows) already has package manager?

There is no need to reinvent our own thing. I never made that claim.
I just sketched out what the end-user-interaction of a future plugin
system could look like.

Whatever technology we use to support that interaction is TBD.

* * *

You do bring up a number of good points that will need to be addressed
by whatever we end up doing, I’ll integrate them into the document and
solicit a review to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Cheers
Jan