From Garren Smith ...@redcometlabs.com>
Subject Re: Futon.Next Proof of Concept
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:36:18 GMT

On 01 Nov 2012, at 6:17 PM, Russell Branca <chewbranca@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Garren Smith <gs@redcometlabs.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 01 Nov 2012, at 2:37 PM, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I think keeping it in a fork of CouchDB is good. It hopefully addresses some
of Noah's concerns re visibility and will help keep us honest (e.g. stop us from diverging
away from an end goal of something served out of _utils). There's nothing stopping people
deploying as a couchapp out of that source tree though, once I merge in your patch :D
>> I think it will make life a lot easier to have it in its own repository. There is
a lot of unnecessary overhead in developing a js frontend around the couchdb code base.

>>> Yes, we're working on that now (amongst other things).
we keep using that as our todo list for Fauxton?

>>> Yeah, I think that's a decent place. I've been using trello recently which is
another nice tool for tracking progress (orthogonal to a todo), maybe that's OTT, though.
>> Lets use issues for now and if we need more help tracking progress we can move to
Trello. Could you or Russel say what you guys are currently working on w.r.t Fauxton and where
other developers could initially get involved? Maybe this should all be done on the issues.

>>> Cheers
>>> Simon
>>>

>> Cheers
>> Garren
>>

> Ok we'll add some tickets to issues on the Futon.Next repo.
>
> The next thing I'm working on is expanding the plugin system and
> building a pluggable backend so that the CouchDB API module can be
> swapped out. As for other open areas, there is a lot of functionality
> that needs to get fleshed out. It would also be great if someone
> wanted to jump on things like _config and _logs. We're in the process
Great, I'm happy to get a working version of the _logs going. Can get it done in the next
couple days. But we if could get a nice list of stuff to work on, so everyone knows how to
pitch in.