From Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>
Subject Re: [REL1.3.0] CouchDB Windows / OS X packages (Progress?)
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:34:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am unable to make today's meeting so I wanted to give a status update.

I've resurrected my work on packaging CouchDB using WiX for Win32. I
also have recently written new BigCouch wrappers for rpm and deb and am
happy to help get these done up for CouchDB.

What I'm looking for is an interested committer (dch? tilgovi?) who is
willing to work with me to help get these patches landed on the tree. My
goal specifically would be:

1. Get all of the bits necessary to build packages into the repo,
possibly using downstream distro bits as a starting point for deb/rpm

2. Ensure that the bits work

3. Consult with our downstream distros for any changes they'd like to
see in our repo directly

4. profit, etc.

Noah, what is the hard cutoff date for changing the repo? Would there be
any leeway to change only things that affect the build process/packaging
instead of the code itself?

-Joan

On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 07:04:09PM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hey guys! What's the current status of the build/packaging work? Would LOVE
> to get some of this done for 1.3! <g>
>
> On 29 October 2012 17:58, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i can probably help as well. rcouchx is using a simple makefile but that
> > can be ported to autools imo
> > On Oct 29, 2012 6:51 PM, "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Cooll, appreciate that! Hoping to get some of this sorted for 1.3, which
> > is
> > > largely dependant on me fixing up these docs. I think our biggest concern
> > > right now is the OS X thing. I am not at all happy with it being on
> > Github,
> > > but over the moon it exists in the first place. If we could get some
> > > movement on this, even if it's just a tiny bit, in the right direction,
> > > then I would be overjoyed.

> > look

> > you

> > to.