From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: replication problems
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:17:50 GMT
On 11 October 2012 15:58, Bob Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> Incorporating a unique id from the source and target seems like a good way to go but
I'm wondering if an id from an ini file will
> work in the clustered BigCouch case. Would an API level request work better? Something
the replicator would interrogate
> for both the source and the target.

Making sure I understand the problem here:

For couches that may not have a fixed IP/DNS/port combination, we need
a sticky way of identifying replication endpoints, right.

The API approach makes sense, perhaps something you get back in GET / ?

I think this won't work however for anybody with a round-robin DNS or
loadbalancer in front a multiple (possibly geographically spread)
clusters (whether BC or normal couch). Not sure how common a scenario
this is though.

A+
Dave