From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: 1.3.0 discussion
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:43:53 GMT
I am full time on Apache at the moment, split between CouchDB docs and
CloudStack. Agree with everything I've seen in this thread, especially the
scope of what's included in 1.3.

I have one thing to add. I think, after this release, we should adopt the
release cadence and merge procedure that we came up with in Dublin, that
has been proposed to the list before. (This ties into Bob's suggestion to
use 1.3 as the stable base on which to start merging in all the forks.)
It's not really had much discussion since then. Only problem is that I need
someone to lend a hand with the Git side of things. So I'm looking for
someone to join me in some release team activity to get things properly set
up and communicated out to the community. (Looking at you Paul, Bob. One of
you, don't need both.)

So, who wants to buddy up with me to get this done, post-1.3? Don't all
step forward at once.

(I'm planning to buy a book on Git. I'm fed up of being so clueless...)

--
NS