From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:00:26 GMT
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Making Futon a CouchApp would be a great first step.
>
> Other good first steps would be trashing couchapp.com and redirecting to
> c.a.o/couchapp like you say.
>
> Also, creating apps@couchdb.apache.org or similar, to indicate a more
> official, and broad, focus.
>
> If we made Futon a CouchApp, how would that work?

Dale already did it if I remember. But we need a way to bootstrap it.
I've did it in refuge sometimes ago using part of erica code which is
in Erlang.

> I appreciate the diversity in CouchApp tools, but what I really want is a
> dead simple way to do it without external tools.
>
> Maybe even if that's just a simplistic reference implementation of a
> CouchApp uploader that we ship.
>
> Something other tools could even hook into maybe?

well on that purpose erica is dead simple and in erlang. But I don't
think we need it. A couchapp is basically design doc... What would do
this tool?