From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:54:21 GMT
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Octavian Damiean <mainerror@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess we could define a schema.
>>
>> This dir for map functions, this dir for reduce functions, this dir for
>> HTML, or whatever.
>>

> You mean a directory structure like the Python-based CouchApp has?

erica and couchapp (py the original) has the following schema

/
/_attachments/
/shows/*.js
/lists/*.js
/views/viewname/{map, reduce}.js
/updates/
validate_doc_update.js

/key -> a key property where the content f the ile bevome a value

/some/key ->

{ "some": { "key": ... } }

a .json is merged

There are other special file like the manifest one that allows to keep
the same structure on clone.

I think views can also be /views/viewname.map.js and /views/viewname.reduce.js

- benoƮt

>> The goal is to bootstrap Futon, and to provide a simple tool to demo in our
>> docs.

Maybe just providing an empty db is enough? I mean a .couch that we
generate on the release.