From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Part2: What's up dev? About couchapps.
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:08:26 GMT
+1 for a bundled tool that can upload a directory of files into a
design document.

One consequence of the BigCouch merge is that erlang will not be a
runtime dependency; a proper erlang release is self-contained in that
respect, and that's essential to hot upgrades. Adding erica makes
sense if erlang will be installed normally (i.e, /usr/bin/erl, etc),
but less so if it isn't.

We could easily end up bikeshedding here so I'll be clear: I'd love to
see us ship a simple upload tool (without evently, without 'vendors',
etc).

B.