From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deb versioned database dirs
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:06:49 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> It's currently the case, yes. We can read 0.10.0 onwards, I think.
>
> What I think we *can* promise is that we'll read 1.0.0 onwards for the forseeable future.
If that changes, then that upgrade is the one that will need extra care and attention.

I tend to agree. The common case should be compatibility. We can alert
and require intervention for some future version if and when that
becomes necessary.

If we're okay with this approach, I'll update my packaging and publish
the work I've done for the rest who are interested in debian
packaging. Then I will update my PPA.

-Randall