From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:11:55 GMT
Hi all!

I had some free time to try port docbook docs to sphinx and that's
what I'd done:

http://kxepal.iriscouch.com/docs/1.1/index.html

Currently I'd done 1-9 chapters, some typo fixes and little structure
refactoring and now I have to go work. Others things + term generation
I could try to finish later during lunch at work, if nobody minds.

sources with repo and prebuilded html files if someone needed:
http://kxepal.iriscouch.com/docs/1.1/couchdb-docs.zip

Hope this helps somehow(:

--
,,,^..^,,,

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Sorry guys. Life got in the way, as it does.
>
> As I see it, we have two options:
>
> 1) Pick a source format that can convert to Texinfo. The source format should be easy
to EDIT. The Texinfo requirement is so that it hooks in to Autotools. (Which gives us info
pages, HTML, PDF, etc, for free.)

> 2) Write the docs in HTML.
>
> Has anyone considered option 2?
>
> If you don't think it's possible, or would be complex to edit, see:
>
> https://github.com/oreilly/couchdb-guide/
>
> The only downside to option 2 is that we will have to develop a style guide, and enforce
it, if we wish to keep the source clean and readable. (Again, see above.)

> I have lots of DocBook experience, and I am still prepared to run point on this. (If
you will forgive my previous lack of attention.)

> If we can build consensus around which option we want to go with, I can allocate some
time upfront to getting the existing stuff imported, converted, and in a state ready to ship.