From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Importing Documentation under CC-3.0 license into CouchDB project
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:41:17 GMT
On 13 August 2012 06:06, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> There appears to be some confusion about differences among Creative Commons licenses.
 The Creative Commons Attribution is what is known as CC/By and there is no problem with it.
 Creative Commons Non-Commercial and Creative Commons Share-Alike are the problems and the
discussion you found was about CC-SA.

> In addition, CC-0 is a quit claim -- it effectively makes a work public domain except
that the copyright owner can, I suppose, still provide derivatives under more-restrictive
licenses because the copyright does not disappear (in the US, at least).

> With regard to CC-By, it is the copyright holder who gets to say what is an acceptable
attribution, and even to require that there be no attribution in a particular case.  In my
experience, it is rare to find information about what an acceptable attribution might be.

> It seems to me that working with publisher-ready "sources" (i.e., DocBook) rather than
the published form does not relieve one of honoring the origin.

>  - Dennis

Thanks Dennis, Daniel,

I'll get the xml ip clearance paperwork underway & then it looks like
we are clear to go.

A+
Dave