From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:00:55 GMT
Dirkjan, please just concentrate on getting the output targets of your
existing Makefile working. (The Makefile I saw when I checked out your
Github repo last.) Don't bother yourself with Autotools. Just get the docs
dir working as if it were a separate concern, and I will take care of
integration.

As for the Git hook and where the docs will live.  At this point, I believe
the docs should live at http://apache.org/dist/couchdb/docs/ and I put
provisions in place for this during last release. I believe that part of
the release process should be to upload a static version of the docs for
that release to this directory, like we upload a static release artefact.

Please remember that couchdb.apache.org is a static website. A brochure
page. It was designed, on purpose, to be a single page. And so, the docs
should not live there. (I am unprepared, at this stage, to rethink the
marketing site so soon after we put it in place.) So this site should just
link to the static export of docs, for each version.

I will also take care of this, as I believe it falls under
the release team's responsibility.

--
NS