From magnetpest2k5 <grittyg...@gmail.com>
Subject auto start couchdb 1.2 on bootup- Problem
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:18:55 GMT
I installed couchdb 1.2 from
https://onabai.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/installing-couchdb-1-2-in-ubuntu-12-04/.
I changed the couchdb storage path in the file
/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini. I also did the other steps as mentioned in
the above website to auto start couchdb on start up. However, the service is
not starting on start up, but when I manually do sudo etc/init.d/couchdb;
the service starts.

On the other hand, if I add the following ppa and install couchdb the
service starts during the system startup, but when I change the storage path
in /etc/couchdb/local.ini file; the services does not start during the start
up. I cannot figure out the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:longsleep/couchdb
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install couchdb

Thanks