From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "ddoc" protocol for query server?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 15:52:41 GMT
Hi Samuel.

I'd attempt to update query server documentation, but it was stopped
at point "not readable" |:
About "ddoc" command: yes, currently it is in use for any design
functions except views. It work in two phases:
1. It delivered copy of design document to query server with message
["ddoc", "new", "<<ddoc-id>>", {<<ddoc-json-object>>}] to let query
server cache it. For each ddoc changes in CouchDB his new version also
been sent to query server processes.
2. It ask query server which function to run by message ["ddoc",
"<<ddoc-id>>", ["path", "to", "function"], [<<function arguments>>]].
First element of function path points to "what design function to
execute" (shows,lists,filters,updates etc.) which also called as "ddoc
cmd".

The best documentation is the source code for now:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/master/share/server

--