From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3 dimensional range queries in geocouch
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 10:50:45 GMT
On 07/06/2012 07:47 AM, lenz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am working with a startup through storage options for three
> dimensional spacial data. is there any work under way to make geocouch
> able to do those sort of queries? if not, how hard would it be to add
> the third dimension?
>
> cheers
> lenz

Hi lenz,

GeoCouch currently only supports two-dimensional queries. You could use
a _list function do to the filtering on the third dimension, though the
performance will probably not be too good, but might be sufficient
depending on your use case. I'd give it a try.

Adding a third dimension is possible, but hard to do with the current
code base. At the moment I rewrite GeoCouch, the new version will
support multidimensional queries.

Cheers,
  Volker