From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:51:06 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2012, at 10:43 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Ryan,
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing. For older OS X versions you should use the other build. It
is the same, but built with XCode 4.2. Apple made some significant changes from 10.7.2 to
10.7.3.

>>> - Hans
>>>

>> So I tested the binary and noticed it was starting on the 5984 port.
>>
>> Which means it hanged there since I had already a version running. I
>> think it would be good that a free port should be used on startup
>> (what is done by rcouchx).  Except that it looks too work on latest
>> osx Lion. I still need to test on the coming version and in
>> particularly test if it works when sandboxed mode is enforced which
>> the default in new version.
>>
>> Also I would feel better to have the code in the Couchdb repository.
>> Binaries linked on the download pages will be considered as official
>> and supported. And imo we should only consider something as official
>> and supported if it's in the official source under the same license
>> agreement. Like it is for the windows one.
>
> Benoit, all great points, we should definitely look into all those
> things. I also think these are not blocking for getting the current
> binaries on the website (given we can define which works on which
> systems, as per my last mail, and given we don't find more issues).
>
> Once we have more people using this, we can fix all the remaining
> issues. I hope you agree! :)
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

Jan,

Yeah sure no problem at all, and technical details can be solved on time.

Although we may need  to make sure everyone is ready  and OK to put
the code in official sources and sign everything needed ? If you think
this is not a problem, then go :)

- benoit