From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 08:43:55 GMT
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks for testing. For older OS X versions you should use the other build. It is the
same, but built with XCode 4.2. Apple made some significant changes from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3.

> - Hans

So I tested the binary and noticed it was starting on the 5984 port.

Which means it hanged there since I had already a version running. I
think it would be good that a free port should be used on startup
(what is done by rcouchx).  Except that it looks too work on latest
osx Lion. I still need to test on the coming version and in
particularly test if it works when sandboxed mode is enforced which
the default in new version.

Also I would feel better to have the code in the Couchdb repository.
Binaries linked on the download pages will be considered as official
and supported. And imo we should only consider something as official
and supported if it's in the official source under the same license
agreement. Like it is for the windows one.

- benoit

- benoit