From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 09:40:02 GMT
Hi Dave,

> #1 and #2 make sense, but might not be immediately obvious. They could
> wait, its more
> about documenting somewhere.

It is exactly where to put them. What would be your choice?
I also disagree about documentation needs for this. Apple users don't want and don't need
to know such details. It just works. :)
The exact locations are also visible from the configuration page. Every CouchDB user is familiar
with this.

> If its not hard to fix #3 and #4 we should do that first. This means
> CouchDB.app could
> run read-only in /Applications, which it doesn't atm.

That would be nice and falls in the sandboxing category which we definitely should adopt.

But I see no immediate need for this for the current version.

Changing is also not that easy because there are dependencies:
The log is connected to the logfile viewer.
The uri is connected to the shutdown scripts to do a final commit.

Would you stop publishing without these changes.

- Hans

On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:54 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> On 8 June 2012 16:40, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2012, at 16:31 , Hans J Schroeder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jan,

>>> For Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7.2:
>>> https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0.zip
>>>
>>> For Mac OS X 10.7.3 and later
>>> https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-OS%20X%2010.7.3.zip
>>
>> Thanks Hans!
>>
>> With this, I think we are good to go to put this on the website. Anyone disagreeing?
:)