From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:38:44 GMT
Hi,

I have checked how the others (Membase, CouchBase) are doing it and suggest the following
disk layout:

Data Dir / Application Support Folder
=====================================

~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB/etc
	couchdb-server.ini

~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB/var/run/couchdb
	couch.uri

~/Library/Application Support/CouchDB/var/lib/couchdb
	views & dbs

Logs
====

~/Library/Logs
	couchdb-server.log

Is this ok?

- Hans

P.S. I have also found the incompatibility between OS X versions 10.6.8 - 10.7.2 and the later
ones. I guess we can serve
all with one binary

On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:54 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> On 8 June 2012 16:40, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2012, at 16:31 , Hans J Schroeder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jan,

>>> For Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7.2:
>>> https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0.zip
>>>
>>> For Mac OS X 10.7.3 and later
>>> https://github.com/downloads/cloudnode/couchdbx-app/CouchDB%20Server-1.2.0-OS%20X%2010.7.3.zip
>>
>> Thanks Hans!
>>
>> With this, I think we are good to go to put this on the website. Anyone disagreeing?
:)