From Hans J Schroeder ...@cloudno.de>
Subject Re: I have build a CouchDB 1.2.0 Mac OS X Binary
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 21:28:16 GMT
I also agree. I have used build-couchdb for that which actually does a pretty decent job in
automating all those steps.

I think, such functions shouldn't be duplicated into the app starter build. I will add a reference
into the readme though.

- Hans

On May 22, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On May 22, 2012, at 2:50 AM, Carlton Gibson wrote:
>
>> — this latter is quite important — I look at anything that says, "just compile
the dependencies you need and put them in the build folder" and think, Oh God that's an hour
or two (or three) that I haven't got right now.

> 	I totally agree.  TBH, I haven't tried to do a build in over a year.  When I did, it
was a completely automated process, but I would have to remember what that process was.  :)

>> — for me then, a merge strategy looks like getting Benpoit's dependency building
into Hans' fork of the Couchbase repo and labelling that the official fork.