From Jason Smith <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post-mortem
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 07:31:12 GMT
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> What can we learn from this:
>>
>> http://saucelabs.com/blog/index.php/2012/05/goodbye-couchdb/
>>

>> Thanks,

> Note apart: I'm not even sure they did the right choice in choosing mysqL.

Well they *do* have a history of smart, prudent decision-making. So I
put faith in them. (Personally I am dying for a reason to get into
Drizzle, but CouchDB solves my current problems.)

> For the rest we should market couchdb on what it really does.

Enthusiastic +1

> Some
> are dreaming about big data, big central cluster blahblah. But not
> everyone need that. Most companies have usable data < 2GB.

I wouldn't call it "blah blah" but rather that CouchDB needs a gentle
on-ramp. (Is that an Americanism?) A slip road. Some obvious killer
app to go from zero to sixty (if I may press the metaphor).