From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Post-mortem
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 06:55:32 GMT
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, Imo we need to improve some feature like M/R (having the
> indexation using multiple cores), replication ,and possibilities to
> monitor what happen in every part of couch.

+many. We have this wonderfully scalable algorithm to do the view
indexing, and then it's only used with 1 thread at a time! I've never
really understood why that is (even though I understand that the
algorithm being scalable doesn't help with serializing things on disk
and whatever else).

Also, a mode that will update all the indexes (asynchronously) on
insertion/updates would probably be something we'd use. It seems to me
Couch is better at read-heavy loads than at write-heavy loads, yet the
index-on-access seems optimized for the latter!

Cheers,

Dirkjan