From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: Post-mortem
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 02:43:09 GMT
Writing good CouchDB queries is hard. I had all of those same issues for
a long time. Last year I did a refactor with a much better view
structure and all the issues I was having building view indexes went
away. Now with 1.2.0, my queries are not only better, but view building
is significantly faster.

Another thing I see here is if your indexing is failing because of a
"bad" view, you didn't test well enough before pushing to production.
One major area of improvement here is better debugging for bad views. I
build tests that run in Firefox against test data, as well as run full
view indexing against production copies on test hardware. It would be
incredibly useful to have not only better tools, but something like a
CouchDB REPL.

BigCouch merge +1

Wendall