From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: On Key Signing (was Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:19:18 GMT
Randall,

You are free to use whatever system you want to use in determining what
keys to sign. All I am doing is pointing out what is common, and what is
commonly frowned upon. A standard baseline is that you have a) met the
person, 2) seen a photo ID, and d) verified cryptographically that
they control the private key. The last step is usually done through
exchanging signatures after the key party.