From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Elixir
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 06:48:56 GMT
Hah!

I spent a few hours with it as well over the weekend wondering if I'd
fall in love and try rewriting core parts of CouchDB with it. There
are a number of good bits to Elixir that I liked. Its the first time I
saw an explanation of the Lispy quote/unqoute stuff that made me
understand what was going on but I ended up with the same general
response as Mahesh.

I will be keeping an eye on it for awhile to see what comes of it but
for the time being, I agree, "Why?" is a good description of my
feeling. The docs and code I read and played with gave me an uncanny
valley feeling for writing things in Erlang. Ie, "I understand how
this translates to Erlang and I can't justify not just writing the
Erlang and removing the added complexity of Elixir".

* Historical foot note for Bob Dionne, Elixir is the first Lisp
dialect that made me reconsider if all those parens really are that
silly... Well no. But maybe they had a decent idea or two in there
somewhere.