From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.0 status update
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 04:04:57 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> IMHO:
>
> It affects advanced users, with multiple JS builds installed. It is
> not a 1.2.0 blocker. It's not relevant to this discussion.

It is. If you reread the ticket it appears that the problem is more
important than expected and I hesitated a lot to let it as blocker
like it was initially. Since the release have been postponed, we aslo
have the perfect opportunity to really fix that issue.

Lot of our users are complaining to have some problem installing
couchdb on their machine. This isn't new. This isn't solved.

While the lazy solution was to direct them to couchbase stuff, or
these days to build_couchdb or rcouch, I would really prefer we fix
this *important* issue and let people choose if they prefer to install
via a vendor or the official *distribution*. Last iteration of the
patch fix most of the cases I guess. We can choose like said above to
use this version and fix latest issues in next minor release or trying
to solve that last one.  At this point, after different iterations,
feedback is appreciated and that is the main reason why updates of the
tickets are sent to the ml.

- benoit