From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: 1.2.0 status update
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:20:27 GMT
Brief update from today.

etag_views issue emerged, Jan and Filipe sorted that out already & its
been committed.
Sorry; I was aware of it but didn't raise it as I wasn't sure it was
actually a couch issue.

Following that I got all etaps and futon tests passing on FF Aurora 12, running
Couch on Mac Lion and Linux Mint Debian Edition. If somebody can
confirm for ubuntu that
would be a help - any other OS reqd?

I slowly worked my up past gpg signing in the release procedure (all
good) but died at
the md5 stage due to md5sum not being installed. I can see why some of
this takes a while.

I am not clear whether the PMC have made a call on including
COUCHDB-1426 or not;
but either way we need to ensure we have:
- out of the box builds on most sensible platform default configurations
- a clear statement on how to build against a compatible SpiderMonkey
when the above doesn't apply.

>From what Benoît says, the current approach doesn't handle the latter,
so I think we need to complete
the patch.

What's the plan to move forwards here? We are damn close but a half
finished solution for 1426 will
simply mean another round. This needs more collaboration so that we
are not working async on this.

Can we organise enough people tomorrow evening (Euro time / daytime US
time) to nail this specific issue?
Or you can sort it while I sleep ;-)

A+
Dave