incubator-couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:02:29 GMT
I think we should, at a minimum:

* Abort this round
* Land the R15B patch
* Land COUCHDB-1426 (which seems easy)
* Start round three

I think we should try to:

* Try to land COUCHDB-1424
* Get clarification on the performance issues

For these last two items, I think we should impose a time limit. Let's say
a week.

I think we should also form some teams, to see if we can do some sprints to
get these issues fixed.


On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

>
> On Mar 2, 2012, at 16:47 , Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 16:29, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Proposed Action:
> >>
> >> I'd propose to release 1.2.0 as-is with the following points mentioned
> >> in the release notes (the exact wording of which is to be done):
> >>
> >> 1. Note that this release is incompatible with Erlang R15B. A patch is
> >> available at [LINK to DIFF]; it will appear in Apache CouchDB 1.2.1.
> >>
> >> 2. Also note that there are some reports of a performance regression in
> >> view building. While initial and ad-hoc tests showed an improvement in
> >> most cases, we'd like to ask our users to report any significant
> >> differences to the Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 release.
> >
> > While I am usually cheering on the release process, taken together it
> > seems more prudent to abort this round, take the R15B driver and the
> > 142{4,6} patches and then starting a new round.
>
> I'd agree if 142{4,6} were decided tickets, but they are still ongoing
> and potentially, in the 24-case especially, for a while.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message