From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: 1.2.0 status update
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:22:27 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>
> > How long before we can land COUCHDB-1426? ;)
>
> Depends how much feedback and tests are given on that. Want to help?

I time for CouchDB is saturated, but I can help you test for sure.

Is there anyone on this list that can spare a few cycles to help Benoît
test?

Benoît, how would you us to test?

Is there a list of stuff you'd like people to try?

> Keeping pressure like this start to annoy me.

Understood, and I am sorry that you feel annoyed.

I know some people work well under pressure, and some people do not. If my
last email did not adequately express why I want to apply pressure, no
follow up will. But this is not how I expect us to operate under normal
circumstances, so there is no need to worry. But these are not normal
circumstances.

As Jan keeps saying to me, we need some good news.

> Some bugs especially though based on multiple configurations not on
> the dev control could take time to resolve. And I completely share
> paul's opinion on that. We should take time when it's about to keep
> CouchDB robust and stable.

Agreed.

(Though I will note that core stability, and configure time stability are
two different beasts.)

> Anyway was off during last 16h due to flights and saw that @davisp
> posted a new version that should fix latest issues. Time to test.

Again, anyone wanna help out here?

Most of us only have on specific environment we can test on, but the more
the merrier I expect.

Benoît, could you throw a list of checkpoints for people to run through and
report back with?