From "Davies, Owain" <Owain.Dav...@baesystemsdetica.com>
Subject -- Revision ID Calculation -- and -- Request for edit permissions on wiki --
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:58:27 GMT
Hi,

I have just joined this list. I am using CouchDB to do an offline web
app. I am having to re-implement some of the logic for conflict
detection, win determination and replication. I have implemented a
dojo.store that represents that CouchDB API, and am working on the
offline versions using IndexDB and WebSQL as the persistence provider.

First off, please could somebody let me have edit permissions to the
wiki. I am finding lots of undocumented features, or features documented
in one place but not another. A prime example is _changes?style=all_docs
which has taken me some time to discover. Of course, one I knew what it
was called I found it documented in the couchdb guide. Anyhow, I
digress, if I get edit permissions I will endeavour to record my
changes.

Second, can somebody please tell me how the revision id for documents
with attachments are calculated. I have produced a JavaScript module
that consistently calculates the revision of documents without
attachments. I had to reverse engineer erlangs term_to_binary function,
which is actually quite tricky. But I do not know erlang and I do not
understand how the Atts2 term is calculated. Any help?

Kind regards,

Owain

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.

Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised
signatory.

The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the control of
BAE Systems plc details of which can be found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.

Detica Limited is a BAE Systems company trading as BAE Systems Detica.
Detica Limited is registered in England and Wales under No: 1337451.
Registered office: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.