From Stefan Kögl <koeglste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:57:17 GMT
On 03/01/2012 07:38 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2012, at 19:18 , Stefan Kögl wrote:
>> If this is a problem, I could remove CouchDB first and do a fresh
>> install instead. What would be the preferred way to do a clean
>> uninstall?
>
> I don't want to claim that this is definitely the cause for your
> problem, but it'd be great if you could do a clean, fresh, empty
> install to make sure we can rule that out as :)

I just did

/etc/init.d/couchdb stop
make uninstall
make install
# edit local.ini -- why does that get removed anyway?
/etc/init.d/couchdb start

Is that enough to count as a fresh install, or should I do anything
else? I'll continue monitoring the instance. Previously the error
happened after a few days, so I can't say yet if the re-install changed
anything.

-- Stefan