From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0 release
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:43:32 GMT
Doing some traveling but quick thoughts inline:

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 1.2.0 release ready to go, but there are a few problems that need
> fixing before I am prepared to ship.
>
> Comparing our source to the release artefact, I get:
>
> Only in 1.2.0/src/mochiweb: mochiweb.app.src

IIRC, I think I noticed that we're not generating a mochiweb.app from
this file. It needs to be there and we need to generate it and there's
a pattern. Just needs a rule in the make file and an EXTRA_DIST entry
for the .app I think.

>> Only in 1.2.0/src/mochiweb: mochiweb_request_tests.erl

This can probably be deleted outright assuming make check doesn't try
and use it (and I don't think it does).

>> Only in apache-couchdb-1.2.0/src/snappy: Makefile.in

No idea what this business is. An artefact of the snappy build? Just delete it?

>> Only in 1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy: AUTHORS

EXTRA_DIST? Delete?

>> Only in 1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy: COPYING

We should look on whether we keep this or not. There's probably ASF
guidelines on what to do here. I'm guessing either delete it or add it
to NOTICE in the root.

>> Only in apache-couchdb-1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy:
>> snappy-stubs-public.h

Not sure why this is made by bootstrap. Might be a valid reason, might
just need the generation to happen during make instead.