From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: CouchDb 1.2.0 Windows binaries issues
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 01:15:32 GMT
On 5 February 2012 18:33, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just got to try the 1.2.0 Windows binaries at
> http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/snapshots/20120127/ on Windows 7 and
> Windows 8 Preview and hit a few initial issues with the Futon test
> suite which seem worth feeding back to the list.
>
> 1. If you upgrade an existing instance by uninstalling, then installing
> 1.2.0 (i.e. you keep any existing users), and the original instance had
> admin users, then the Verify Installation tool in Futon returns X: [object
> Object] if you are not logged in as an admin. It would be more useful if it
> detected the problem and gave a pop-up to tell you to log in as an admin.

> 2. The replication test fails when you run the tests through on a clean
> install, with a "file exists" error. However, it succeeds on rerunning.
>
> 3. The replicator_db test fails in a variety of ways. On the first run it
> fails with:
>
> 1. Assertion failed: copy === null
> 2. Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
> '{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'
[snip]

> However, the behaviour does vary enough that I only consider the foo666
> error to be a properly reportable issue.
>

> Do other people get these errors, or are they peculiar to my setup? In
> particular the replicator_db test is very odd in its lack of
> consistency. Thanks,
>
> Nick North
>
> PS Tests were run using Firefox 10.0.

Thanks Nick,

I do almost all my testing now over network so its great to have a
fresh pair of eyes. Running firefox aurora 11.whatever over LAN gives
me a clear test suite. Via 127.0.0.1, I do get the same replication
test failures as you do;

  {"error":"file_exists",
     "reason":"The database could not be created, the file already exists."}

and replicator_db Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
'{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"2-19d0c28ea169872441d6d33c2c5a6cce","value":666}'
as well.

I'll dig through these tomorrow to see if I can make sense, but I
don't see these as blockers for 1.2.0, more likely a timing-sensitive
bit of the test suite.

A+
Dave