From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Problems blocking 1.2.0 release
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 23:29:55 GMT
Hello,

I have a 1.2.0 release ready to go, but there are a few problems that need
fixing before I am prepared to ship.

Comparing our source to the release artefact, I get:

Only in 1.2.0/src/mochiweb: mochiweb.app.src
> Only in 1.2.0/src/mochiweb: mochiweb_request_tests.erl
> Only in apache-couchdb-1.2.0/src/snappy: Makefile.in
> Only in 1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy: AUTHORS
> Only in 1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy: COPYING
> Only in apache-couchdb-1.2.0/src/snappy/google-snappy:
> snappy-stubs-public.h

For lines that start:

Only in 1.2.0

The only time this should ever happen is when the file is used by the
bootstrap process, or Git, and can be discarded after bootstrapping.
Clearly, none of these files pass that requirement. Which means that we
should be shipping them in the source tarball. Probably by adding them to
EXTRA_DIST or something.

For lines that start:

Only in apache-couchdb-1.2.0

The only time this should ever happen is when the file is created by the
bootstrap process, or need to be made on the assumption that our users will
not be able to make them, as is the case for our man pages. Clearly, none
of these files pass that requirement. Now, I checked the snappy makefile,
and it looks like we're shipping these generated files on purpose, which is
very strange.

So, over to you, Paul, I guess. Want to weigh in on these? They need fixing
on master as well as the release branch.

Thanks,