From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1.1
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 18:41:40 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:37, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> 1.1.1 contains many important fixes, holding it up to get 1.8.5
> support in seems odd to me. The breakage also seems dramatic for a bug
> fix release and there was wide agreement on that point.
>
> Putting all of that aside, what should we do? Make it configurable at
> build time? Introduce all this breakage in 1.1.1 and slap a big
> warning on it?

It's already configurable at build time via --with-js-*....
And again, I don't think there was a problem with any official release, just
some not official version some distros yanked out of a xulrunner tarball.
If you must keep the support reverted, do so. I'll say I'm -0 on it. Just a
bit of a bummer.