From Ladislav Thon <ladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: more dynamic _sidebar.html
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 10:30:57 GMT
Hi,

> at the moment Futon (on _sidebar.html) shows the version taken from
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HttpGetRoot
>
> Isn't it better to extend the JSON like this:
> {
> "couchdb": "Welcome",
> "version": "0.11.0",
> "name": "Apache CouchDB",
> "url": "http://couchdb.apache.org/"
> "logoSrc": "image/logo.png"
> "logoAlt": "Apache CouchDB: Relax"
> }
>
> This way if someone decides to change the logo for internal site it will
> only require to change the config.

That would actually be great for another reason: you could distinguish
different CouchDB distributions, e.g. Apache CouchDB from Couchbase Single
Server (which currently says "version": "1.1.2", but is actually based on
CouchDB 1.0). I'd love to see that.

Maybe finally a reason for me to dig in CouchDB source... :-)

LT