From Ladislav Thon <ladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: more dynamic _sidebar.html
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 09:40:59 GMT

> Sounds like a big to me. I'll see to having it fixed. Newer releases
> actually do report the Apache CouchDB versions and the Couchbase versions
> separately like outlined above and like Cloudant does.

Nice! I didn't try the 2.0-pre releases yet.

I played a little yesterday with CouchDB so that the welcome message would
contain the Erlang app description (which in turn comes from the
LOCAL_PACKAGE_NAME variable), you can see the code here:
https://github.com/Ladicek/couchdb/commit/de2a2f301ba2792787ff62a5e3984362f2fadd46<https://github.com/Ladicek/couchdb/tree/couchdb-package-name-in-welcome-msg>

But all the useful ideas from Dave are way beyond my Couch understanding
(and Erlang abilities :-) ), so I guess someone else needs to step in.

LT