From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trouble replicating
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:06:41 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Zachary Zolton
<zachary.zolton@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, my replication task has again stalled, with my logs filling up
> with thousands of that aforementioned error message, again today at
> around 1:25 CDT. I'll also note that this error state seems to
> adversely affect couch's responsiveness...
>
> I'm still unsure how to troubleshoot this. Is there any more
> information about my setup that would help?

I never experienced that SSL issue with R14B03 yet. Maybe you can try
with R14B01 for example?

> FYI, I deleted the _replicator doc and have gone back to maintaining
> this continuous replication with a cron script.

You shouldn't need that anymore in the next minor release (1.1.1).
With 1.1.0, if it ends in the "error" state you have to manually start
it again (delete the doc and add it again or just remove its
_replication_state field)

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2011, at 11:59 AM, Zachary Zolton wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, after the _replicator doc went into the error state, I
>>> removed all the _replication* fields and save it. The replication task
>>> resumed and it seems to be keeping up-to-date for the past few hours.
>>>
>>> Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for now... (^_^
>>

>>        You only need to remove the _replicator_state.
>>
>>        There are a few bugs that prevent it from automatically restarting as
you might expect.  I'm sure I've hit all of them.  :)

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org