From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon Test Suite
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:28:14 GMT
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 14:48, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

>> > Use private mode /incognito / pr0n mode & just start a new session. I
>> > know thats not helping the root cause!
>> >
>> > A+
>> > Dave
>> >

>> Does that clear the cache? Or use a temporary one for that session? If
>> so that's a much better solution than what i had going.
>>

>> Also random side note, moving official JS tests to CLI means that
>> integrating tests from plugin packages will be much easier. Just
>> started hacking on GeoCouch and I'm already wishing we had more
>> tooling here.
>>

> I'm 100% for running them from the CLI and as part of make check.
> Related: We could make cURL a hard dependency again, but I'd prefer to see
> it stay optional but be required for make check and release verification.

I'm not in favor of making curl a hard dependency again. I think a big
ass warning of "YOU CAN RUN OUR TESTS" is all that'd be needed at the
end of ./configure to indicate the issue. The hard part about curl as
supporting really old versions on RHEL or CentOS which I don't think
any of our devs use.

Bottom line, I think it should be optional to build, but required for
us to make a release. This way it only affects the core group and not
random people trying to build on a version of AIX from 2003.