From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Futon Test Suite
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:23:16 GMT
Somewhat OT but you reminded me of something.

The 'verify my install' on trunk strikes me as a bad idea. If someone
reports a bug and says that the verify passes, I'm always going to ask
them to run the test suite too. It exists, it seems, because the test
suite is too slow. As Paul has noted, some tests are slow not because
they are doing a lot of tests, as some have claimed, but because they
unilaterally wait for several seconds per iteration. That is, they
just aren't that well written.

Can we make the test suite faster, more reliable, and less intrusive
(i.e, not blow away your admins, etc)?

B.