From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject Re: dev Digest of: thread.17379
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:14:21 GMT

On July 31, 2011 9:29:40 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> 4. Before making the complete switch I'll end up making a handful of
> Git clones to check that our history is preserved. I plan on writing a
> script to make Graphviz images of the branch history and so on, but
> having people volunteer to look back at the history to spot errors
> would be helpful as well.

	I believe I can be of help if you need any.

	I've done a lot of very complicated git conversions (including things like taking memcached
git dev and transplanting it above an older subversion conversion that was discovered later
and another that involved merging 24 different git repos that were moving concurrently at
the root level into a single that had 24 subdirectories and linear history) and really got
to know git well along the way.

	If there's any hard work to do here, I'm sure I've enjoyed doing it before.

	[btw, if anyone wants to see what a 24-way octopus merge looks like:  http://dustin.github.com/2008/12/31/archaeology.html
]

--
dustin sallings