From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving password hashing.
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:50:27 GMT
Because PBKDF2 has been designed and tested by cryptographers and is
fully described in RFC 2898 which includes test vectors to verify an
implementation. bcrypt is tied to a now obsolete cipher (blowfish), I
don't know anything much about scrypt but anyone can claim they
designed it to be more secure, but proving it is another matter.

B.