From till <t...@php.net>
Subject Re: Archiving old releases
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:00:49 GMT
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2011, at 15:47, till wrote:
>
>> Does 'archiving' break download links?
>
> Archiving involves removing the link from downloads.html, which points to a CGI script
which automatically picks the closest mirror to your location. It also involved moving the
release to an archive distribution directory on apache.org.

I don't care so much about the CGI script, but I'm asking from a
package maintainer perspective. So let's say I use a mirror to
download CouchDB releases, etc. -- does archiving mean they are
removed from mirrors?

Till