From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiving old releases
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:16:25 GMT

On 6 Jun 2011, at 16:00, till wrote:

> I don't care so much about the CGI script, but I'm asking from a
> package maintainer perspective. So let's say I use a mirror to
> download CouchDB releases, etc. -- does archiving mean they are
> removed from mirrors?

Yep, that is the point of archiving them. We archive to reduce the burden on the people who
provide the mirrors. If you have code that uses a direct link to the dist directory, this
will also break. But this has always been the case, and will always be the case. We're only
discussion when this should happen within a release lifecycle.