From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sponsoring secure vhost/rewrites
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 09:40:34 GMT
On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Olafur Arason <olafura@olafura.com> wrote:
> Could you give some detail what you mean by a new couchapp engine.
>
> Regards,
> Olafur Arason

First for me a couchapp should be self-hosted  data oriented
application you could replicate on any node without requiring specific
installation. So not requiring a node behind, or any script running
out of couchdb. So the things I work on are:

- couchapp installation notion (imagine installing a couchapp like an
android app with  permissions options)
- ease the vhosting
- rewriting : proposing easier rewriting options and facilities (some
tries are in my couchapp-ng repo)
- scripting: I'm working in a way to do more internal scripting in
couchdb: post your function and let it access to internal api (if it
has permissions)

First version should be online this we.

- benoit